We live in a world of empowered consumers. They say when, where, and how they’ll buy the products they’re interested in, and businesses everywhere are working to meet their needs to win out over the competition.
Here’s what successful marketers know: Consumers are connected online (to businesses and each other), and that means there’s a lot to gain by interacting and listening where consumers are interacting. When you join conversations that are taking place in online social spaces, it gives you the opportunity to personalize your interactions and have meaningful conversations that help you build lasting consumer relationships.
Long story short? Your consumers are on social media—so it’s time to get social!
Today’s shoppers are not looking for a one-size-fits-all approach, but rather personalized, thoughtful interactions that convey your genuine interest in their needs. Practice your social listening skills and have some good, solid conversations about what people are looking for and what’s been lacking in their experiences so far.
Consider the following:
- 86% of buyers are willing to pay more for a great customer experience.
- More than two-thirds of companies compete on the basis of customer experience. That’s how important it is!
Delivering the Experience Consumers Want
Consumers are looking for consistency, an excellent brand experience, and personalization throughout their interactions with you. Seem like a tall order? Are consumers asking for everything but the moon? Not really. When you consider the technology platforms that are available to you, it’s feasible to offer a top-quality, personalized shopper experience without working up too much of a sweat.
By leveraging social media platforms where your consumers are already talking and sharing, you can up the ante, get connected in no time, and build valuable relationships that will demonstrate exactly why you’re the right business for people to align with.
Channel Your Inner Social Wizard
Gone are the days when businesses could rely on traditional marketing like direct-mail fliers, TV spots, radio, and even the occasional newspaper ad to reach customers. Today, it’s about reaching consumers quickly and standing out from the crowd. Enter social media. If you’re still wondering if social media is worth the time and investment, consider the following:
- 89% of marketers use Facebook in their brand marketing efforts. With traditional marketing strategies, like billboards and phonebook ads, businesses would run campaigns, but they were left not knowing exactly who they had impacted. It’s impossible to know how many people glance at a billboard as they’re driving, leaving businesses with unquantifiable results from their marketing efforts. Now, with social media on your side, not only can you reach customers quickly and talk about the topics that are hot at the moment, but you can also direct your efforts and content toward specific consumer groups, shopping patterns, and needs. Plus, you can get measurable results on your efforts and adjust future campaigns accordingly.
- Instagram now has over 1 billion monthly active users—and among them, 90% follow a business on the platform. This tells us that Insta users are interested in seeing what businesses are doing on social and interacting with them throughout their purchase cycles.
- 79% of Twitter users like to discover what’s new, making it the top platform for discovery. And this makes Twitter a great place for your business to get discovered. Make an appearance on the platform and get to know your future customers.
Why Social? That’s Where Your Consumers Are
It’s important to remember where your consumers are and what’s important to them. The first time they meet you or discover your brand may NOT be when they walk through your brick and mortar doors. Start building a solid online presence now, cultivate your social relationships, and practice becoming a good social listener to build a bigger following than ever.